This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #SummerRefreshment #Kroger #CollectiveBias
You know that moment when you sit down after a long day on the porch with the sun setting? And it’s imperative that you have a refreshing drink in hand as the evening cools off and the days work is done. These moments embody Summertime. Nothing makes me happier than sunsets, warm evenings, and chatting on the porch with babies playing in my back yard. Since I finished my patio I am getting good use out of it as I end my day enjoying Summer nights. It just seems fitting that I would have to create a drink that fits this scene. Watermelon Fauxjitos are my new perfect evening treat as the day winds to an end.
Summer Refreshment at Kroger
Now to share a slice of this perfect Summer evening with me head over to your local Kroger store. Right now you can get an incredible deal on all the ingredients I used in my Watermelon Fauxjitos. Look for the watermelons and then you will find a super convenient display of Sprite® and Minute Maid® Lemonade with topper coupons and or tear pad. Pick out a perfectly juicy watermelon and grab 2 Sprite 2-liters and you will get a $1 off your watermelon purchase. Thrifty and delicious! You are only two more ingredients away from the perfect summer refreshment on the porch. Yup only 4 ingredients in these Watermelon Fauxjitos so you can get back to Summertime relaxing! Woot!
DIY Watermelon Punch Bowl
Once you have that gorgeous watermelon home you will want to invite some friends over to enjoy the evening sipping on Watermelon Fauxjitos. Since a watermelon is a perfect punch bowl take a moment to carve a pretty little center piece out and serve your fauxjitos right out of the rind. It’s a show stopper! Step by step instructions below:
- Wash your watermelon.
- Cut a base by slicing a flat piece off of the side.
- Then slice in half so you have an open top and base.
- Place your base down on a solid stable surface.
- Begin to hollow out the watermelon meat with a spoon (Set aside for your fauxjitos).
- Once you hollow out a bowl use a marker/pen to draw out your design.
- I chose to do a simple scallop edge using a small cup as a template.
- Then following your lines with a well sharpened knife create your design.
- You can get super creative here or keep it simple!
Watermelon Fauxjitos Recipe
- 1 - 2 Liter of Sprite
- 1 - Seedless Watermelon (meat hollowed out from the rind)
- 3-4 Sprigs of Fresh Mint
- 2 - Limes
- Take the watermelon meat and mint leaves add it to a blender.
- Blend until pureed and smooth.
- Then with a fine mesh strainer strain the liquid from the pureed pulp into your hollowed out watermelon punch bowl.
- Next add a liter of Sprite.
- Finally squeeze the juice of 2 limes into your mixture.
- There will be a foam on the top ladle and discard the foam.
- Garnish with ice, sliced limes and fresh mint.