Savory Tomato Tart with an Almond Flour Crust
This post may contain affiliate ads and/or links.
Tomatoes are something I absolutely adore, especially vine ripened summer tomatoes. I remember going into the greenhouse and gorging myself on hot, sweet, tomatoes. While the juice dripped down my arms and face stinging as it went. As a result I ended up with skin rashes from the acidic juice still I was hooked on those red beauties. Probably drove my mother crazy.
Whenever I have a chance to highlight tomatoes in a recipe I will. Since Summer is my absolute favorite season I always look forward to those perfect vine ripe tomatoes. Both green and red. I love them all! Now there are loads of tomato recipes that have shaped my food culture. Yet, this Savory Tomato Tart is one of the top favorites and will continue to grace my family’s table.
With an almond crust made so super easy thanks to Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix you can whip this tomato tart up quickly. With simple and pure ingredients I don’t feel guilty using a box mix. Simple Mills mixes are gluten free, paleo friendly, lower in carbs and all around a great option to help out in the kitchen. Because ya’ll know I am a “from scratch” believer. But sometimes my life is busy and I need a Momma’s helper. Well thank heaven for a healthy alternative baking mix that is sans creepy ingredients that make you sick!
Tomato Tart Filling
The tomato filling takes just a bit of foot work to do. First of all make sure that you drain your tomatoes well. Additionally I like to squish mine a bit and let it sit over a bowl in a strainer. Releasing as much of the juice as you can to keep your crust from getting too wet. Also, as you create your roasted tomato topping be sure to make your slices thin and even so they cook out most of the moisture. And you can choose any cheeses you like really just be sure to adjust the salt as needed. Seriously this very simple filling will blow your mind with flavor!
Savory Tomato Tart Recipe
- 4 Medium Tomatoes (separated)
- Salt and a sprinkle of Brown Sugar (optional)
- 1 Box of Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbs Flour
- 4 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Raclette Cheese (shredded)
- ¼ Cup Parmesan
- 4 Tbs Mayo
- Leaves of a Couple Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- First, take 2 tomatoes and slice them thinly.
- Then put them on a lined sheet pan to roast.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and brown sugar to top. (Optional)
- Next roast in oven at 400 degrees F for 15 min.
- Take out cool and set to side.
- Make your Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix according to the flat bread instructions.
- Blind bake the crust for 10 minutes at 400 F with pie weights.
- Take out and cool.
- Create your filling, adding cheeses, mayo, and 2 chopped and well drained tomatoes.
- Mix well add your thyme leaves.
- Fill your pre baked crust.
- Finally top with roasted tomatoes and a shaving of cheese, thyme, and olive oil.
- Bake for 20 min at 400 F.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.