Have you ever tried BBQ Bacon Roasted Cauliflower? Well, I’m about to introduce you to the goodness. I’m pretty sure that cauliflower is the “IT” vegetable this year. Every time I open my feeds BAM, there is another glorious cauliflower. I mean compared to kale, this veggie is utterly lovable. Not that I don’t love kale. But it had its season last year. Cauliflower is versatile and can be recreated in so many ways. It stores well and is easy to prep, so many ways to alter and utilize it.
Because I am most definitely a lazy home cook. Really. I am a big fan of the roasting method and one sheet pan meals. Anything that allows me to prep and pop it in the oven AND be fairly healthy for my family is a huge winner. Plus, roasting vegetables really brings out the depth of flavor. Did I mention it’s also soooo easy?!
This was a short on time, high on taste recipe that I whipped up for my kids. I always get nervous cooking up a big batch of something before my kids have taste test approved of it. But I didn’t have time to worry about it and I hadn’t been grocery shopping so this is only 5 ingredients and it was a huge hit at our house. Try it out and tell me what you think.
What is your favorite variation on cauliflower? We love when our readers share ideas with us!
Are you a blogger? We’d love to see links to your cauliflower ideas below in the comments! #bloggerlove
You can also follow me on Insta!
BBQ BACON ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 5 pieces bacon (use turkey bacon for a lighter dish)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 Tb paprika
- green onions for garnish
- * Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and chop cauliflower. Place on sheet pan.
- Add paprika and toss coating the cauliflower well.
- Place bacon on top of cauliflower. Put into preheated oven for 15 min.
- Take out of oven and put the bacon to the side. Chop the bacon.
- Toss the cauliflower with the bacon & put back in the oven for 10 min.
- Pull the pan and add cheese on top bake for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve