Are you a popcorn lover like I am? If so, I have a treat for you. My husband made this Vanilla Caramel Popcorn the other day and it is really fantastic. This is the perfect treat for movie nights at your house or to make into popcorn balls for a party.
Before you make a double batch, I will tell you this, it is rich and sweet. You most likely won’t be able to eat a whole lot of this, so grab a few friends to help you out. My hubby has been making this for a long time, only not terribly often. He made it more when our kids were growing up. They loved it too.
We had this yummy vanilla caramel popcorn this past weekend and then made some popcorn balls that I took to church to give to some friends. Everyone loved it. I hope you will love it too. Now, scroll down for the recipe and to get the other yummy treats that are being shared for this month’s Foodie Extravaganza.
- 10 cups of popped popcorn
- 5 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup clear corn syrup
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pour your popcorn into a large bowl.
- In a medium pan, mix the corn syrup, butter and brown sugar.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and add the vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir well.
- Pour over the popcorn and mix until the popcorn is covered.
“National Popcorn Day is celebrated annually January 19th. It can be sweet, savory, buttered, plain, and even shaped into balls. So, bring your most fun, creative – or just your favorite – twist to eating popcorn.”
Posting day for #FoodieExtravaganza is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.
POP on Over to These Posts…
- Hubby’s Vanilla Caramel Popcorn by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
Kirsten’s Popped Corn Crack by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Parmesan Popcorn with Lemon & Thyme by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pepperoni Pizza Popcorn by Food Lust People Love
- Popcorn Cornbread by Palatable Pastime
- Popcorn Pairings (Yes, With Wine) by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Spicy Za’atar Popcorn by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Popcorn by Hardly A Goddess
- White Chocolate Popcorn by Sneha’s Recipe