Banana Coconut Cream Pie
It’s pie season, which means it’s time for the Battle of the Pies! This Banana Coconut Cream Pie is the perfect blend of flavors and one you will love!
We are all about the pies in this family. Besides me, no one really likes cake very much. I don’t really get it, but it’s the truth. When Wayfair asked me to join in on the Battle of the Pies this year, I was all over it. I participated last year, with this Double Chocolate Cream Pie and it was a lot of fun to see all the different pies. (I think I must like cream pies.)
I was browsing Wayfair.com because honestly, it’s one of my favorite websites. Seriously, they have so many different great items for sale and they are fantastic quality. Plus, if you spend more than $49, the shipping is free! I love free. Anyway, I saw this great pie plate that would be perfect for Thanksgiving. I love it! Isn’t it fun?
This year I am participating from this beautiful island nation where I am temporarily residing and decided to go with flavors I have been enjoying here. My friend Robyn found this really amazing coconut ice cream in the grocery store. When I say amazing, I am not exaggerating at all. It’s by Paradis and is made right here in Martinique, in case you ever visiting here.
One night we decided to try the coconut ice cream with some sliced bananas and oh goodness, that was such a great decision. By the way, the bananas and coconut are grown right here too. It’s so nice to have fresh bananas and coconut. I hope you try my pie and love it!
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- 2 Tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 bananas
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- 1 pie crust, baked
- Whipped Cream
- ⅛ cup toasted coconut
- Bake the pie crust until golden brown.
- In a medium sauce pan, mix the sugar, corn starch, flour and salt.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Add the milk, one cup at a time and mix well.
- Place pan on medium-high heat and heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and starts to boil.
- Boil 1 minute, continuing to stir, and remove from heat.
- Add the butter and vanilla and stir well.
- Add the coconut and stir well.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, put the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add the sliced bananas and cover with lemon juice.
- Remove bananas from the bowl and drain on paper towel.
- Place the bananas in the bottom of the pie crust in a single layer.
- Pour the coconut mixture over the bananas and spread out.
- Cover with plastic wrap, with wrap touching the cream.
- Refrigerate 3 or more hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream, toasted coconut and bananas.
I’d love for you to leave a comment below and tell me your favorite pie. Maybe you like cake instead? Let me know in the comments below.