Frosty Raw Strawberry Lemonade
Today is Foodie Extravaganza Day and our theme this month is Lemonade. I was trying to decide what to make and then I had an idea. Why not make something that would be specific to Martinique? Lemonade is one of my favorite drinks. My step-mom makes the most amazing made from scratch lemonade I’ve ever had. Seriously, fantastic. So I decided to just try making lemonade, but with a local twist. Frosty Raw Strawberry Lemonade is a cool treat everyone will enjoy.
One of the things produced here in Martinique is sugar cane. It is one of their largest products being grown. While the majority of the sugar cane is grown for the production of various types of rum, there is also a company on the island that grows and bags their own sugar. It’s good stuff too and you find it in the raw form in the grocery stores. You can also find Jus de Canne in the stores and being sold on the side of the roads in bottles. This is basically sugar water made with raw sugar. I decided to use this as the sweetener for my lemonade.
When you make your Frosty Raw Strawberry Lemonade, you will have to adjust your sugar to your taste. The strawberries aren’t very sweet or even very good here, so if you get some nice strawberries, like Florida’s Plant City strawberries, you won’t need as much sugar.
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 20 large frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup jus de canne OR ½ cup raw sugar
- 2 cups cold water
- Mix all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until the strawberries are smooth.
- Serve over ice.
- Store remainder in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I really hope you love this lemonade. Now scroll down to get the other recipes being shared this month.
Thanks so much to Lauren of Sew You Think You Can Cook for hosting this month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.
- Dairy-Free Frosted Lemonade by Cookaholic Wife
- Frosty Raw Strawberry Lemonade by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Honey Mint Lemonade by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Lemony White Sangria by Hardly A Goddess
- Papaya Lemonade (or cocktail!) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Passion Tea Lemonade by Making Miracles
- Peachy Lemonade by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pineapple Pink Lemonade Shaved Ice by Food Lust People Love
- Shikanji (Indian Lemonade) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Sparkling Apple and Watermelon Lemonade Spritzers by Sneha’s Recipe
- Sparkling Blue Basil Lemonade by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sparkling Milk Lemonade by Our Good Life