Dreamy Coconut Cookies
I am a cookie monster. There, I said it. How about you? I like the old standbys, but I also like to make adjustments to come up with a new and delicious variety. That is where these Dreamy Coconut Cookies came into existence. They are dreamy and amazing, plus very flavorful. I’ve actually made them three times, making adjustments to get them just right. I finally did it and now they are ready to share. I’ve really given away a lot of great cookies in the past few weeks.
Before I tell you about this recipe, I want to tell you that we are also celebrating Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks 6th Blogiversary and have two great prizes. We are giving away a KitchenAid 5 quart Artisan Mixer, in your choice of colors! Plus, we are giving away a great collection of cookbooks that will keep you busy in the kitchen all year long!
These cookies are moist, from the coconut cream, and have great flavor. I am currently living about 30 feet above sea level, so if you live at a higher altitude, you probably want to add about a quarter cup of flour to help them get puffy. Also, be sure to buy coconut cream and not coconut milk. It’s usually in the mixers for cocktails area.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup fine coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Add the coconut cream and mix well.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the coconut, pecans and chocolate chips and mix just to incorporate.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges start to brown.
- Cool for about 2 minutes on the baking sheet and then remove to cool on the wire rack.
- Enjoy. Yum!
Now, keep scrolling down for that great prize! Good luck!
And all of these great cookbooks:
The Fly Creek Cider Mill Cookbook by Brenda and Bill Michaels
Best of Bridge Home Preserving
Vegan Everyday by Douglas McNish
Sweet Mornings: 125 Sweet and Savory Breakfast and Brunch Recipes from Patty Pinner
Complete Book of Indian Cooking by Suneeta Vaswani
Special thanks to the bloggers that made this giveaway possible!
Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks ~~ Pint Sized Baker ~~ Nik Snacks ~~ Confessions of a Cooking Diva ~~ Cindy’s Recipes and Writings ~~ Platings and Pairings ~~ Jenni Field’s Pastry Chef Online ~~ Brunch-n-Bites ~~ Fearlessly Creative Mammas ~~ The Heritage Cook
Check out the recipes everyone is sharing today too. Don’t they sound good?
- Lemon Lavender Bundt Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No-Churn Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake from Jenni Field’s Pastry Chef Online
- Coconut Dream Cookies from Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Salty Dog with with Fennel and Rosemary from Platings and Pairings
- Easy Strawberry Lattice Pie from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Frozen Hot Chocolate from The Heritage Cook
- Boozy Blackberry Beer Cocktail from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- White Chocolate Banana Hoecake from Nik Snacks
- Chocolate Banana Naked Cake from Brunch-n-Bites
This giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. The giveaway begins on 8/1/16 at 12:00am EST and goes through 8/14/16 at 11:59pmEST. Approximate retail value for the mixer is $350. Approximate retail value for the cookbooks is $90. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. The winner will be selected and e-mailed within 5 days of the end of the giveaway. Winner has 48 hours to respond to the e-mail or another winner will be chosen. The sponsors will not be held liable for any malfunction or damage of the products received.