Cheesy Focaccia Bread
Cheese. Who doesn’t like cheese? Okay, it’s not me. I love it. A long time ago, I started making this amazing Cheesy Focaccia Bread and it is a huge hit with our family. Everyone loves it so much. It super easy and pairs well with any Italian meal and really, just anything, because it’s that good. I promise. If you make it, please let me know how you and your family like it. I’m thinking I really want some right now.
Before I get to this recipe, let me tell you a secret about my summer thus far. Here it is. Ready? I have been very distracted since I moved and while I usually post here 3 times a week, but the beach has really called to me. I’m really going to make an effort to get it together and post regularly again.
This is a super easy recipe because it starts out with pre-made bread dough. I use Rhodes bread dough. You get it in the freezer section. I use this because I have a problem with using yeast, but if you can make bread, you can use your own recipe.
- 1 loaf of bread dough, thawed and risen
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ground oregano
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll thawed and risen bread dough on a cookie sheet or pizza pan
- Brush the olive oil on the dough.
- Spread the minced garlic on the dough.
- Sprinkle the oregano all over the dough.
- Place the sliced tomatoes all over the dough.
- Sprinkle the cheeses all over the dough.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
There you have it. So simple and so, so good. What is your family’s favorite accompaniment to dinner? Also, how do you keep from getting distracted? Leave me a note in the comments below. Wish me luck on get it together and not being distracted.