Need an amazing, cold pie this summer? Try out this Dark Chocolate Decadence Cream Pie and make your friends and family very happy. I made this pie as part of a recipe contest with Golden Girl Granola, who sent me the granola to use in the recipe. When I ordered the type of granola I wanted, I wasn’t sure what I would make with it, but I knew I wanted something cold. This pie turned out really well and was gobbled up by my taste testers in short order.
I decided to make the crust for the pie out of the granola, thinking it would hold up well and I was right! Actually, it may have been Candice’s idea. We were doing some brain storming. I’m not positive who came up with the crust idea. Whoever it was, it was a great choice.
I took a photo of the bag of Golden Girl Granola that I was sent, but now I can’t find it. However, I have tried 2 of their flavors, the Chocolate Decadence and Home Sweet Honey and they were both really good. Nice flavor and quality ingredients. The flavor for this pie is Chocolate Decadence.
The first thing I did was to make the pudding. Then I refrigerated it for about an hour so it would cool off.
The next thing I did was to butter a 9×9 inch pan. Then I added the granola to my food processor and blended it until it was very small. Then I added in the melted butter and blended a little more, pressed it in the pan and baked it.
While it was still hot, I spread the chocolate chips over the crust.
- 3 cups Chocolate Decadence Granola
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- whipped cream
- In a medium sauce pan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add in ½ cup milk and mix it well.
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl and add it to the sugar mixture. Mix well and be sure there are no lumps.
- Add in the rest of the milk and mix well.
- Heat the mixture on medium heat until it starts to bubble and then heat for an additional 2-4 minutes, until the pudding thickens, making sure to stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and add the butter and cocoa. Stir until the butter is melted and mixed in.
- Place in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Blend the granola until it is in very small pieces.
- Add the melted butter and blend well.
- Press into a buttered 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread the chocolate chips over the crust to melt.
- Spread the chocolate pudding over the crust.
- Chill until the pudding is set.
- To serve, cut into pieces and top with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
If you like a sweeter chocolate, add a little extra sugar to the pudding to sweeten it up.
I really hope you enjoy this Dark Chocolate Decadence Cream Pie. I created this for a recipe contest with Golden Girl Granola. I hope they love it too. What is your favorite dessert to make in the summer time?