This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WildSideOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
The sun is starting to shine a little more each week and the weather guy promises the temperatures are warming up. I kind of think he doesn’t know what he’s talking about because as I type this, I am sitting under a blanket my daughter made me. Does that sound like warm weather to you? Me either. In the event that warm weather actually gets here sometime and we can go camping, I’ve been practicing my tin foil dinners, whipping up different flavors and ideas. I made these Sausage Tin Foil Dinners on the grill the other night and they are really, really good. I love the flavors.
On my weekly trip to Walmart, I was checking out the sausages they had available in the refrigerated meat section and found these Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages and was so excited. We have been having our wild game butchered at the same shop that makes Jack Link’s Jerky in our town for 25 plus years and it is always great. I knew these new sausages would be high quality and amazing. I was right. They have no fillers, no added MSG, no artificial flavors or colors, they are gluten free and high in protein. They are also made with premium cuts of beef and pork. Sounds like a great sausage, right?
Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages come in three flavors, Original, Jalepeno and Cheddar Cheese. I purchased some of each flavor because I wanted to try them all. For this recipe, I used the Cheddar Cheese flavor.
Every year when we go camping, I make tin foil dinners for at least the first night. I do all of the prep work at home, so we can easily cook them on the fire after we have set up our camp. Over the years I have found that they are really great on the grill, in our fire pit or in the oven as well. I love the easy clean up and that I can customize them for each person’s taste.
- 1 package Jack Link's Sausage in your favorite flavor, diced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 pieces of celery, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut very thin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ¼ cup butter, cut in 4 pieces
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Pull 4 large pieces of tin foil out of pack and place it on your counter.
- Divide the potatoes, onion, celery and carrots evenly between the pieces of foil.
- Divide the Jack Link's Sausage between the vegetables and place on top.
- Divide the butter and spices between the 4 piles of veggies and sprinkle over the top.
- Wrap the foil around the dinner, leaving the package as flat as possible.
- Wrap another piece of foil around the package, with the open side on the same side as the opening of the first piece.
- Cook on the grill or fire for about 20 minutes, turning over every 5 minutes.
- If you bake in the oven, heat the oven to 350* and cook 30 minutes.
- Open the foil to ensure the potatoes are tender.
Until Memorial Day, you can buy Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausage at Walmart for the Rollback price of $3.48. You can also follow Jack Link’s Jerky Facebook and Instagram pages for other great recipes and ideas for your Wild Side.
What flavor of Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausage will you try and what will you make with it? Let me know below. Enjoy!