I love a cute wreath on the door but, I do not like to pay cute wreath prices. Today I am going to show you how to make an Easy DIY Burlap Wreath that you can decorate for any season or holiday. They also make a great gift!
I decorated the one above for Christmas using a dollar store bow, red jingle bell and googly eyes. I picked up a branch from a palm tree for the antlers. A few weeks ago, I went to my mom’s house and helped her make the one below for her front door.
This is a very easy craft that is cheep and easy to make. All you need is a coat hanger made for pants, some burlap ribbon and whatever decorations you would like to add. A pair of pliers comes in handy too.
1. Take off the cardboard piece on the coat hanger.
2. Unwind the wire part of clothes hanger until it is pretty much strait.
3. Bend hanger into a circle.
4. Take one end of your wire wreath and bend until flat. Poke the hanger through the beginning of the burlap.
5. Work your hanger through the top of the burlap and then the bottom, about one inch apart. Repeat until the entire wreath is covered tightly with burlap.
7. Fluff burlap and decorate however you like.
I hope you enjoy making these. I would love to see how yours turns out. Post a picture!