Fall is here and that means school is back is in session. It’s time for ball games, lessons, activities and busy moms. Today I am going to share a super easy crowd pleasing meal, GF Taco Soup. It is a perfect slow cooker or freezer meal. It is a staple in my home and I hope your family likes it as much as mine.
One of the things I have been trying to do to make my my life a little less crazy, is to make slow cooker freezer meals. Last week I had a freezer meal party with some girlfriends and made 10 meals in one evening! It is so nice to be able to throw a meal in the slow cooker in the morning and come home to a finished meal at the end of a busy day. This meal is a great freezer meal.
Today I have a super busy day! I have a fund raiser for my son’s school tonight and I signed up to bring dinner to two families, three including my own. I decided to triple this recipe and take it over to the families with some rice, a salad and some tortilla chips.
- 1 lb. browned ground beef
- 2 small or 1 large can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can of corn (I used fire roasted)
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 pkg. GF taco seasoning
- 2 cups water
- Put all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips with sprinkled cheese on top.
- You can also serve over rice if you like.