Happy Foodie Extravaganza Day! I love this day every month. There are always so many yummy recipes being shared. Gotta love that!! The theme this month is Mushrooms, so all of the recipes will have mushrooms of some sort or another. Be sure to go all the way to the bottom of the page for the links to the other recipes. This recipe I made is so good that we ate past the point of full. Not really a good thing, especially when you’re trying to be healthy. It’s yummy though. I hope you love it! This recipe is Cheesy Mushroom Chicken #FoodieExtravaganza! It’s amazing. Seriously.
When I came up with the recipe, I had been thinking about what to do with mushrooms. My daughter will just eat them out of the container, raw. I’m not in love with them like she is, but I like them in stuff. I thought and thought about what to do and then I went to be and dreamed of this recipe in my sleep. It’s not the first time I dreamed my post and I promise, it won’t be the last.
The photo above is before the mushrooms and onions were placed on top. I could eat the mushrooms and onions out of the pan, but I saved them for the chicken. We had this with watermelon and Parnips and Carrots Mash, which is an amazing recipe I found on Dessert Now, Dinner Later in 2013. I love this recipe. If you need a good side dish, try it out. I also used my Zaycon Fresh Chicken in this recipe. (referral link) Seriously the best chicken I’ve ever eaten. It’s always so tender and juicy. If you’re looking for great chicken at way lower prices than the grocery store, check them out.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain, Greek yogurt
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, cut in half and sliced
- 8 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Pour yogurt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the two cheese.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the yogurt and then in the cheese, covering both sides.
- Place the chicken on a greased or covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 25 minutes.
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking time, melt the butter in a skillet.
- Saute the onions until tender.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic powder to the onions.
- Cook until the onions and mushrooms are tender, but not mushy.
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the oven and top with the onions and mushrooms.
Just look at all the wonderful Mushroom recipes being shared today!
- Cheesy Mushroom Chicken by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Chicken and Mushroom Stuffed Crepes by Cooking with Carlee
- Crusted Seafood Mushroom Caps by The Freshman Cook
- Duxelles by Food Lust People Love
- Marinated Mushrooms by Making Miracles
- Mushroom and Chorizo Ragu by Cookin’ and Craftin’
- Mushroom Bread Pudding by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom Leek Chinese Dumplings by The Joyful Foodie
- Mushroom Stroganoff with Herb Spaetzle by Caroline’s Cooking
- Mushroom Zoodles and Cheese;by Brunch with Joy
- Portabella and Butternut Squash Crepes by Cherishing A Sweet Life
- Rántott Gomba – Hungarian Fried Mushrooms by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Ravioli with Mushrooms and Brussels Sprouts by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Shiitake Bruschetta by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Lauren’s home link:
- Stuffed Mushroom Dip by From Gate to Plate