This month’s Foodie Extravaganza is all about the burgers. I was thinking about burgers I have had in the past and wondering how I could personalize my burger recipe, when this Guacamole Bacon Burger popped into my head and my mouth started watering. After I made it, I was hooked. It turned out so well.
A whole lot of years ago, we lived in Estonia. Don’t know where or what that is? That was my thought too when I found out we were going to be moving there for awhile. It was before the internet was so robust, so there wasn’t a lot to read. Plus, it had been part of the Soviet Union and so that blocked a lot of information.
We went on our way and I fell in love with Estonia in about 2 minutes. Well, maybe 10 minutes because we had to get through customs first. I encourage you to look it up and maybe take a visit yourself someday. Here is a link to the Visit Estonia page, in case you can’t find it. I would move back there in a New York minute.
While we were living there, we made quite a few friends through our church. Sometimes we had people over for dinner and they were almost always surprised when we didn’t have burgers or hot dog. Americans are a burger eating people for sure. That story popped into my head when I was writing this, so I thought I would tell you. This burger isn’t 100% American because it has guacamole on it, which is decidedly Mexican. However, it is amazingly yummy. I hope you will try it and love it.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 3 pieces cooked bacon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 4 slices of cheddar mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup guacamole (see link for recipe)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Chop bacon into small pieces.
- Mix the ground beef, bacon, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper well.
- Form into hamburger patties.
- Grill until done.
- Place burgers on buns and top with cheese and guacamole.
You can find the recipe for the guacamole on my tamales post. The tamales are so great too! Now, go check out all of the other amazing burger recipes in this month’s Foodie Extravaganza!! I know I will be checking them out.
- Cheeseburger in Paradise by The Freshman Cook
- French Onion Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Frita Cubana (Cuban Hamburger) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Guacamole Bacon Burger by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Maw-Maw’s Hamburger Surprise by Cooking With Carlee
- Mushroom Veggie Burgers with Roasted Tomato Mayo by The Joyful Foodie
- Pineapple and Bacon Burgers with Candied Jalapeños by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spiced Lamb Burgers with Pomegranate Chutney and Mint-Pistachio Pesto by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sweet and Smoky Bacon Cheddar Burger by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Thai Turkey Burgers with Siracha Mayo by Our Good Life
- Western Bacon Burgers with BBQ Mayo and Crispy Onion Straws by Making Miracles
- Zucchini-wrapped Cheesy Pea Burgers by Food Lust People Love
Foodie Extravaganza is where we celebrate obscure food holidays or cook and bake together with the same ingredient or theme each month. This month we celebrate National Hamburger Month by
serving up burgers of all kinds.
Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to participate in the next Foodie Extravaganza, just go to our Facebook page to join. We would love to have you!
Follow our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest board for past events and more deliciousness!