Zaycon Foods provided me with complimen-tary products. The opinions I have expressed are my own. #ad #sponsored
Things have been so crazy around here lately. As you may know, we moved and I have been a painting, unpacking fool lately. Also, my husband is trying to lose some weight, so he’s been doing the juicing, so I haven’t been making a lot of meals. The other day I shared with you my Grilled Brined Chicken that we made with the chicken we received from Zaycon Fresh. Today I have a recipe that is so amazing that I also made with Zaycon Chicken Breast. You will love it!
I had almost 1 full piece of chicken left over. Did you see the size of the Zaycon chicken breasts? Holy smoke they are huge!! These two pieces are on a 9 x 13 inch cutting board. Zaycon chicken is 100% natural, so you don’t have to worry about the food you will be feeding to your family. So Awesome!!
You order Zaycon chicken and many other things, on their website and then it is delivered fresh to your town in one of these trucks by a nice delivery man, who will probably think you’re crazy if you take photos of his truck. After you pick up your chicken, you take it home and package it in portions for your family so you can freeze it. Right now Zaycon chicken breasts are on sale for $1.69 per pound! Holy smoke can you believe that price?! It is on sale through June, for deliveries in May and June.
I wanted some barbecue chicken, but since we had just moved into the house and I hadn’t gotten to the store yet, I didn’t have any sauce. I decided to make some sauce of my own. It has a sweet, smokey flavor and it’s really great. I’m so glad I made it up.
These are really tasty. I actually ate them two days in a row. Then I froze the rest for later. They are great reheated. Just bake them again but be sure to cover them so they don’t burn.
- 1 large Zaycon Chicken Breast, cooked
- 8 Rhoades rolls, thawed and risen
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅛ cup molasses
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup sliced bell peppers, red, yellow, orange
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- salt to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- In a medium size pan, mixed the tomato sauce to salt.
- Simmer 45 minutes.
- Chop the chicken breast into small pieces.
- Mix the chicken and enough sauce to make the chicken moist, but not soupy.
- Save the remaining sauce in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Roll out the dough balls into circles.
- Divide the chicken evenly among the dough, on one side of the circles.
- Fold the dough over the chicken and pinch the edges together, forming turnovers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Serve warm.
- Wrap the leftovers and freeze in individual servings.
Be sure to head over to the Zaycon website and put your order in now, before they run out. There is a limited amount. It is really worth the effort and money, especially considering they are on such a wonderful sale right now.